Friday, February 26, 2010

Review: Song Long

I took my kids to Song Long last night. It had been a number of years since I had been there, so I wasn't sure if it was going to be a good experience. I'm not sure why it had taken so long for me to go back. I don't remember having a bad meal or anything, but it never became top of mind with me or my family when trying to decide where to go for dinner. That being said, we had a wonderful meal.

Unlike most families in Cincinnati, my kids are usually very adventurous eaters, and we have had Vietnamese food several times before in Chicago. When they chose Chinese entrees, I was surprised. My son had the Moo Shu Chicken and my daughter had Sweet & Sour Chicken. They were both good, but I would definitely recommend the Vietnamese entrees instead. I had Tom Thit Ram. This is on their Vietnamese menu and consists of Shrimp and Pork in a spicy black pepper sauce. It was incredible!!

I want to go back and try the Pho and the vietnamese spring rolls. We saw them on the table next to ours, and they looked great. Maybe next time I will force my kids to try the Vietnamese entrees. That's not child abuse is it?

Song Long on Urbanspoon
Click on the Urbanspoon logo to see what other people think about Song Long.

No comments:

Post a Comment